I posted about him being "bossy" a couple weeks ago.
I did read your replies and applied your suggestions (thank you). He did stop ordering me around although this is the type of guy that needs to be constantly reminded that he is not in control. I've noticed that he gets a little bit pissy and sulks whenever he feels slighted.
Oh well, fuck him.
A few other observations:
- He is a bit pushy and likes to talk about ideas he has. Some are great ideas but good luck getting them through management and corporate.
- He tries to avoid grunt work thinking he is above it.
- He acts like he knows everything (although I admit he is smart....but unfocused).
- He was cussing in frustration one day when working on equipment and some of other other employees and a supervisor were looking at him like "who the hell is this guy?". LOL. This isn't really the type of environment that tolerates this language. I almost said something to him (give him helpful advice) but thought it would be more amusing to wait and see what happens when he curses in front of the wrong person. He likes using the word "fuck" a lot.
- He's talking about how he's going to make our unorganized department better. I posted here about this, and based on your experiences at various jobs, you guys advised me not to bother trying to fix it. He's going AGAINST your advice and try to change things.
- He doesn't seem to have a problem stepping on others' toes (in a department where people have traditionally protected their turf)
I must admit I am fascinated that this guy is breaking every rule in the COT book. I'm kinda curious to see if anyone has worked with an aggressive/pushy personality such as this and what the end result was.
I'm thinking he's either connected to someone....or else he's totally clueless when it comes to company politics.
Based on your experiences, what do you guys predict will happen? 1) Either he'll make a difference and move up the management ranks when there's an opening? Or 2) he'll piss off the wrong person and either be run off or quit in frustration?
We had a MANAGER in the past who was frustrated by the company politics/inefficiencies and he became so miserable that he quit. This guy is not even a manager.