I want to trickle charge my tablet to see if that will revive its dead battery. Unfortunately my only cable with the right connector for the tablet has a moulded mains type plug/transformer on the other end.
I thought of cutting the cable in half and doing the same with a usb cable and joining the 2 with one of those block things. I cut open a usb cable to have a look though and it had several teensy wires with a metal sheath all around and i had no clue what was what.
Is there another simpler way apart from waiting ages for one in the post?
Also is it all likely to be a waste of time anyway?
Battery was fine and then just went from perfect to taking no charge right away. The tablet still works via the mains btw.